This page contains the questions we request young applicants to complete. To understand why we request younger applicants fill out an application, please read the Family Applicant Overview Page.
Parents and children should decide together whether this application or the standard One Community Application is the best fit for each individual child who is under 14. Applicants over the age of 14 should complete the standard One Community Application.
When using the questions on this page, it is intended that if your child doesn’t require your assistance, they be allowed to answer these questions on their own, and type the answers themselves if they are able, without suggestions, feedback, or input. You may only offer clarification if they do not understand something and ask you. Please do not edit or modify their answers, or suggest them to. If your child does require some help due to their reading and/or writing abilities, we offer the following options:
● Video or audio recording of an interview where you ask your child the questions
● Printing the questions with space for the child to hand write answers then scanning it
● Inviting your child into a portion of your first video conference interview with us, and you ask your child the questions while we are present
For typed answers, please change anything your child types INTO A DIFFERENT COLOR THAN THE QUESTIONS so that text stands out, and email their responses(as a Word Document or email – no PDFs please) with your standard One Community Application (along with any additional requested items) to Sara at:
1. Describe yourself. (Tell us about yourself.)
2. Describe how you like to be treated and talked to.
3. What would you say is most important to you in life?
4. Who or what is your biggest influence in life so far, or who do you look up to, and why?
5. What is your favorite thing to do with other kids?
6. What is your favorite thing to do by yourself and why?
7. What are your favorite toys and why?
8. What are your favorite foods?
9. What is your favorite breakfast?
10. What do you think about sharing your thoughts and feelings with others? How does it feel?
11. What do you feel like when you are around people that are different from you?
12. What do you think you might like to do or be when you grow up?
13. What do you like best about yourself and why?
14. What is one thing you would like to improve about yourself and why?
15. What do you do when someone is mean to you or doesn’t treat you how you like to be treated?
16. If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
17. If you were to think of the happiest day you can remember, what would it be?
18. What, if anything, do you get upset, sad, or frustrated with? Why do you think that is?
19. What do you dream about most?
20. When you think about your best friend, why is that person your best friend?
21. What do you think is the most important thing you have learned so far in life?
22. What do you think is the most important thing to teach kids is?
23. If you could have your perfect day, what would it be?
24. When thinking about living at One Community, how does that make you feel and why?
25. What do you think you would like best about living at One Community?
26. What do you think you would like least about living at One Community?
27. What did you feel like when you were answering these questions?