Creating a New Earth: One Community’s Accomplishments for the Week of 5/13/2013
We believe creating a new earth is a process of:
- Deciding a new earth model is possible and desirable
- Creating a specific strategy and blueprints for accomplishing it
- Free-sharing the blueprints so others can duplicate and evolve everything we do for The Highest Good of All
This is the One Community progress updated for the week of 5/13/2013 in our path to accomplishing these three focus points and collaboratively creating this new earth with the people who agree with us that it is possible.
CREATING A NEW EARTH: ONE COMMUNITY
WEEKLY VIDEO PROGRESS UPDATE XII
THE EARTHBAG VILLAGE
Here is the updated layout for the earthbag village compliments of Doug Stenhouse (Architect and Water Color Artist). It includes the necessary buttress walls and the recent elevation changes made to better accomodate the plumbing. Updates being made this week to this drawing are:
- Placement of all windows so they are South facing
- Special ADA compliant units with easiest access to the toilets and showers
- A few other minor tweaks and updates with stair and ramp placements
Here is the initial plumbing sketch as well. This image shows our thinking about moving all the collected rain water and using the hot water from the showers as additional heating for the Tropical Atrium.
TROPICAL ATRIUM PROGRESS
We continue to focus on two aspects of the Tropical Atrium:
- 3D rendering of the hands feature
- Finishing the planting and harvesting page
Here is the 4th version of the eco-artistic hand thanks to the help of John Bassist (organizer of this e-group hub wiki as well as this Needs/Instincts Centered Economics (NICE) Facebook page). Once complete this hand will be positioned inside the Tropical Atrium to show how it will make up the internal growing terraces of this building.
SEGO CENTER DUPLICABLE CITY HUB PROGRESS
OPEN SOURCE AND FREE-SHARED EDUCATION FOR LIFE
We’ve completed the final teaching system review and summary for the open source and free-shared Education for Life program. Here are the links for all of the systems we evaluated:
Stephanie VanderKallen (Mental Health Professional and Teacher) has also made tremendous progress on the Evaluation and Evolution component of the Education for Life program and we’ve begun to add some of her amazing work and efforts to the Evaluation and Evolution page that will be evolving into a portal to the broad diversity of components that will be a part of this component of the complete program.
CREATING A NEW EARTH? WHAT ELSE HAVE WE DONE?
- Migration of the entire website to this new URL is now complete!
- We’ve got a new offer from the seller of the property for financing terms and are updating our funding page to reflect this