Creating a Culture of Personal Growth
Creating a culture of personal growth and sharing a life of celebrating the human experience can positively and permanently transform the world for everyone if we make it easy enough and affordable enough to become self-replicating. One Community is here to design, build, and open source share an environment purposed specifically for this. By studying human needs psychology and creating comprehensive sustainability we can free ourselves from financial worry while simultaneously establishing and sharing a culture of personal growth that is more fun and fulfilling for those who live there and those who visit. This page discusses this with the following sections:
- Related Pages
- What is a Culture of Personal Growth
- Why Create a Culture of Personal Growth
WORLD-CHANGE FOUNDATIONS (click icons for complete pages)
ALL ONE COMMUNITY VALUES (click individual icons for complete pages)
WHAT IS A CULTURE OF PERSONAL GROWTH*
One Community believes there is nothing more beautiful than people doing and sharing what they love most in life as mentors, teachers, and examples of happiness. Creating this is creating a culture of personal growth that supports our own growth as individuals, the growth of each other as teachers, the growth of our children and visitors, and the growth of One Community as a thriving example of Highest Good society and global change contributing to The Highest Good of All. The social architecture of One Community is specifically designed to prioritize and dedicate time through the community contribution model to supporting this. The culture this creates will include daily options to participate in:
- Art classes of all kinds
- Live music and learning music options
- Dance and movement expression classes
- Meditation and mindfulness practices and options
- Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, and other physical health practices
- Building, architectural development, design, and implementation skills
- All Education for Life personal development options for kids and adults
- Gardening, forestry, nature stewardship, and other nature related skills and classes
- Computer skills and application and web design and development classes and activities
- Story-telling, reading groups, spirituality classes/meetings, cooking classes, kids classes, parenting classes, movie nights, game nights, and anything else a person wishes to share with enough people who want to participate in it (see the community contribution page for details)
Open source sharing these activities, and the community contribution model that creates the environment for all of this, will help us invite more people to experience One Community. It will also help create more incentive for people to duplicate One Community and build a teacher/demonstration hub of their own.
USING A CULTURE OF PERSONAL GROWTH IN DECISION MAKING*
In decision making* at One Community, the core value of “Personal Growth” is applied by asking ourselves the following two key questions:
- How can we leverage and express the talents and skills of our group even more?
- What is the best way to share the results as an open source resource for the growth of others and The Highest Good of All?
* To ensure we are always aligned with our purpose, values, and mission, One Community uses the values as defined by our organization as the compass for all our decision making; we then factor in the diversity of individual perspectives and experiences. We highly recommend this approach because it saves us hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of collaborative decision making time. If you are considering our model as a template for your own creation, we especially recommend you apply this approach too and use, adapt, or completely change the values we’ve presented so you too can create a clear guidance system that aligns with your own organizational/group/individual needs.
WHY CREATE A CULTURE OF PERSONAL GROWTH
We feel creating an open source and duplicable culture of personal growth is essential to global transformation and the establishment of Highest Good society models people will want to visit. It helps to meet the 6 foundational human needs and could arguably be the largest motivator for the creation of teacher/demonstration communities, villages, and cities to be built around the world. It meets the needs of those who build and live at One Community and, equally as important, it is specifically the experience of this more enriching and fulfilling way of life that will create the necessary mainstream support to spread a broad diversification of this model globally. Through a culture of personal growth we can create and share an environment most will consider to be superior to traditional living and working models, helping us further share and promote One Community’s open source blueprints for duplicable teacher/demonstration communities, villages, and cities to be built around the world.
LEARN MORE AT THESE SPECIFICALLY RELATED PAGES
In our opinion individual happiness and fulfillment is even more powerful to create world change than One Community’s own humanitarian and philanthropic values and goals. By packaging a model for a more fulfilled and enriching life experience with sustainable infrastructure, we can make a globally transformational lifestyle desirable and accessible to more people. This will spread the One Community model as a viable and Highest Good of All approach to simultaneously addressing the foundational global issues of our generation. By doing this we have an opportunity to initiate true and lasting change in our own lives and the lives of all people by creating, living, and sharing a more fulfilling and enriching experience of life itself! Just by demonstrating a different and fulfilling way of living life for The Highest Good of All, we can show people that building the necessary sustainability pieces to set themselves free is worth it. From there, we feel the re-learning can begin for what life for The Highest Good of All can really be about and we can, as Gandhi said, “be the change we wish to see in the world” and inspire people, contribute to lasting global change, and add the celebration of the developing human spirit in others to our own.
FREQUENTLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS
Q: How much will all these classes cost?
All classes and activities will be free.
Q: How is the culture of personal growth maintained?
Q: Do people have to participate?
No, using community contribution hours to contribute to the social architecture and personal growth elements of One Community is optional.
Q: What would an actual day at One Community look like?
Take a look at the community contribution page for a detailed example of what a couple of “average” days at One Community might look like from waking up to going to bed. Visit the fulfilled living page for more general details on how the culture of personal growth is maintained.
Q: How many weekly hours of personal growth options are projected to be available at One Community?
Initially we will start with 50 Pioneer Members. If only half of these members contributed 5 hours a week to the social architecture and fulfilled living elements of One Community, it would equal 125 hours a week. If these hours were divided into 1-2 hour classes, this would equal a minimum of 8 classes a day. We project participation will be higher than 50% and our group will grow to hundreds as we continue to expand our infrastructure.
Q: Who will take all these classes?
Residents and visitors will have free access to all classes. Residents will also have significantly more free time than traditional living environments to enjoy classes because everything will be within walking distance, driving will also not be needed for work, food, and education, and the community contribution model includes domestic duties like cooking, cleaning, and laundry.