One Community Welcome Teams
One Community uses Welcome Teams to help new members get up to speed, promote group facilitation skills, and further team building and leadership development. This page is the outline of the purpose and function of Welcome Teams and Welcome Team Facilitators:
COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTION ● PROJECT TEAMS ● POLICIES & PROCEDURES
The purpose of the Welcome Teams is to maintain a smaller community environment where people can share what is going on in their lives and, as we grow beyond 20 people, the diversity of happenings of the different Project Teams. With a team less than 20 people, the goal of the Welcome Teams is a monthly social call. Once the team grows beyond 20 people, the Welcome Team focus expands like this:
WELCOME TEAM FOCUS
- Share with each other what is being accomplished by individuals
- Space where larger One Community issues can be brought up for discussion
- Social space for support whether personal or One Community related
- Place to check if someone needs community contribution direction or help
WELCOME TEAM FACILITATOR ROLE
The Welcome Team Facilitator role is selected based on their understanding of the One Community project as a whole and their ongoing ability to facilitate the smooth functioning of their Welcome Team.
MAIN DUTIES: Facilitate monthly Welcome Team Call and answer questions
- Host a monthly team call to:
- Do a personal check-in: how are you doing?
- Check in on work done for OC: what have you been up to?
- Discuss any and all OC issues in a collaborative, supportive environment: how is your relationship with OC?
- Determine if any issues discussed require seeking external support (to answer/seek clarity on questions/issue, etc.)
- Take a leadership role for answering any Welcome Team Member questions
SELF-EVALUATION: Are Welcome Teams on track?
- Are individuals participating in calls?
- Are Welcome Team Facilitators coordinating effectively?
- Are teams meeting regularly?
- Do team members feel their questions are being responded to?
- Additional support for Welcome Teams and Facilitators: Are we being effective?
- If necessary adjustments/changes as appropriate:
- In team facilitator
- In team members