One Community Now Seeking Surveyor
One Community is now seeking one additional Surveyor to join either our Core Team or our Volunteers and Consultants team.
The people who join our team as either volunteers/consultants or members typically fit one or more of the following descriptions:
SURVEYOR TEAM MEMBER SKILLS DESIRED
The following are the skills of an ideal candidate for this position if we would have one person dedicated full time to a leadership role. We would like to have multiple people and are open to exploring win-win relationships with people of varying skill levels.
- Construction engineering background
- Geospatial measurement application experience – using surveying instruments, GPS, and GISto chart exact coordinates of site features; producing digital images of sites (photogrammetry); and mapping land use with satellite photography (remote sensing), proficient with CAD
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting graphical data
- Knowledge of planning and environmental regulations
- Excellent science, technology, and engineering math skills
- Strong analytical skills with a creative approach to problem solving and working to a high degree of accuracy
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Prioritize and plan effectively as part of a team
Here is the One Community component-overview video: