We are very happy to report that the open source project-launch blueprinting portal for the Tropical Atrium (click to visit) is now live! Along with the creation of this page detailing this component of the One Community sustainable infrastructure, we have also open sourced our back office notes and created a Collaborative Input for Infrastructure Page to make it easy for people to send us their ideas and suggestions. As one of the many next steps we will now also be A) adding that Collaborative Input for Infrastructure Page to all the other infrastructure pages so people can more easily share their input on everything we are working on and B) structuring all infrastructure pages as expandable open source portals like this one:
As we continue open source project-launch blueprinting the Tropical Atrium, build it, and problem solve and evolve it for One Community (and with others around the world) we will use this page as the portal to all the open source and free-shared details related to this component including:
● Architectural plans
● Detailed materials list
● Detailed equipment and tools needs list
● Cost analysis and best sources for materials and equipment
● How to build, what to watch out for, how to adapt structure
● How to work with local government if permitting is needed
● On-going maintenance and upkeep details per our on-going experience
● Specifics of everything you can grow and what kinds of yields you can expect
● Complete details on how to build your own Tropical Atrium and how many hours it should take
● How to make your build easier than ours and how to solve any problems we encountered in our build
● Archive and database of others building similar structures including their experiences, adaptations, suggestions, etc.
The list above will evolve into links to individual pages including all the open source project-launch blueprinting details people need to duplicate every aspect of this component of One Community in part or in whole.