One Community Now Seeking Irrigation Specialist
One Community is now seeking one additional Irrigation Specialist to join either our Core Team or our Volunteers and Consultants team.
The people who join our team as either volunteers/consultants or members typically fit one or more of the following descriptions:
IRRIGATION SPECIALIST TEAM MEMBER SKILLS DESIRED
The following are the skills of an ideal candidate for this position if we would have one person dedicated full time to a leadership role. We would like to have multiple people and are open to exploring win-win relationships with people of varying skill levels.
- Working knowledge of automatic and manual irrigation systems with at least 5 years experience in design, installation, maintenance, repair, and modification of irrigation systems and their electronic activating devices
- Operate, program and troubleshot computerized irrigation systems including installation and repair of central control units (including, mechanical, solar battery, digital and radio/computer controlled systems), memory boards, sensors and master valves. Install/remove and test irrigation pumps
- Maintain an inventory of tools and irrigation system parts used for routine repairs. Install, repair, maintain, and perform tests on backflow devices. Replace worn, damaged, or defective heads, conveyance pipes, valves, timers, and controllers. Operate excavating and trenching equipment
- Appropriately prioritize tasks and maintain and update maps, as-builts, and plans/specifications of irrigation systems and compile written records/reports of irrigation systems activities while working effectively with others in maintaining these items to high operating standards
- Motivated to design systems for low rainfall areas using water conservation methods (with drip systems, mulching, etc.) and determining irrigation requirements while programing the irrigation systems accordingly. Perform other maintenance duties typical to the plumbing trade including those related to potable water lines, pools, water fountains, and winterization of lines
- May perform tasks requiring continuous strenuous physical effort including climbing, digging, bending, lifting, pushing or pulling equipment and materials weighing 50-75 pounds, and may be exposed to inclement weather
Here is the One Community component-overview video: