One Community Now Seeking Master Plumber
One Community is now seeking one additional Master Plumber to join either our Core Team or our Volunteers and Consultants team.
The people who join our team as either volunteers/consultants or members typically fit one or more of the following descriptions:
MASTER PLUMBER TEAM MEMBER SKILLS DESIRED
The following are the skills of an ideal candidate for this position if we would have one person dedicated full time to a leadership role. We would like to have multiple people and are open to exploring win-win relationships with people of varying skill levels.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a Master Plumber in design, supervision, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, servicing, and testing of all sanitary plumbing and potable water supply piping, and connected appliances (including gas piping and the complete installation of water heaters) the installation of gas ranges, domestic gas incinerators, gas dryers, and other gas-fired appliances
- Must provide verification of Master Plumber’s certification
- Preferred, but not necessary, a bachelor’s degree in engineering or appropriate engineering technology or an associate degree program in plumbing and heating, plumbing technology or related field.
- Willingness to crossover and work with irrigation installation, maintenance, service, and repair if necessary
- Experienced in water service systems, pex piping, sump pump & bathroom fixture installation & repair
- Familiar with energy efficient and environmentally-friendly plumbing materials.
- Past design and installation of plumbing systems must have been completed in the United States.
- Thorough knowledge and past installation of septic & greywater systems is advantageous
- Comprehensive knowledge of plumbing codes
- Innovative thinker who can effectively troubleshoot and rectify problems quickly with minimal downtime of water/sewage system
- Keep organized and dated records of changes and repairs to plumbing system and an adequate inventory accounting of parts
- Implement a preventive maintenance program and monitor closely to negate future major problems
- Complete blueprint sets for all installations and provide updates as necessary
- Committed to working with workplace safety as the highest priority
- Desire to be a part of the Duplicable City Center, earthbag village, aquapinis and walipinis, and other village models
Here is the One Community component-overview video: