Food Production Systems Planting and Harvesting Planning Progress
The One Community open source food production systems planting and harvesting details are progressing! Each of the food production structures below is being designed to be duplicated as a standalone structure or as a complete village food infrastructure set. Combined they will provide over 11,500 square feet of year-round growing space and each structure will demonstrate a different internal environment and diversity of food production. The food systems can be broken into three categories: Large-scale Food Production Aquapini, 2 different “backyard version” Zen Aquapini designs, and 3 separate maximally-affordable Walipini Greenhouses.
Grow Zones Overview: Click Image to Enlarge
FOOD PRODUCTION SYSTEMS GROWING SPACE OVERVIEW
Walipini numbers 1-3 don’t include aquaculture and can therefore all be easily planned and built as either larger or smaller by any individuals or groups duplicating these structures. The large-scale production and Zen Aquapini structures could easily be planned and built smaller but significant increases in size would require adjustments to the aquaculture details.
Large-scale Production Aquapini
TOTAL GROWING AREA FOR THIS STRUCTURE: 1,989 Sq Ft
This structure is purposed to produce large volumes of the foods people eat most.
Large-scale Production Aquapini Grow-zone Space Utilization – Click to Enlarge
- 6 Trees (darker green)
- Media Beds (light green): 7 @ 8′ x 4′ = 224 sq feet of MB growing space
- Deep Water Culture (blue): 42 rafts (19 N, 23 S) @ 4′ x 4′ = 672 sq feet of DWC growing space
- Sloped Garden Area (yellow): 1018 sq feet (100′ x 9′ + 118′)
- In-ground mini-zone (orange): 126′ x .5′ = 63 sq feet
- Pond Surface Area: 50 sq feet
TOTAL GROWING AREA FOR THIS STRUCTURE: 1,454 Sq Ft
This structure is purposed to produce a maximally diverse selection of foods grown in a beautiful environment most people would want to spend time in.
Zen Aquapini Grow Zones: Click to Enlarge
- 4 Trees (darker green)
- Media Beds (light green): 4 @ 8′ x 4′ = 128 sq feet of MB growing space
- Deep Water Culture (blue): 11 rafts @ 4′ x 4′ = 176 sq feet of DWC growing space
- Sloped Garden Area (Yellow): 600 sq feet (62′ x 9′ + 1/2 of a 10′ x 10′ square)
- Drip System Garden Area (white): 48′ x 10′ = 480 sq feet
- Corner Creeper Grow Zone (orange): 20′ x 1′ = 20 sq feet
- Pond Surface Area: 50 sq feet
- Sloped roof growing area (magenta): approximately 10′ x 16′ = 160 sq feet (not included in total below)
Walipinis #1 & #2
TOTAL GROWING AREA FOR THIS STRUCTURE: 1,827 Sq Ft
These structures are the same size as the Zen Aquapini food production systems and are purposed to demonstrate two different growing climates focused on trees that are surrounded by a diversity of additional in-ground food production.
Walipinis #1 and #2 Grow-zone Space Utilization
- Sloped Garden Area (Yellow): 747 sq feet (63′ x 9′ + approx. 20′ x 9′)
- Flat Garden Area (Orange): 1080 sq feet (approx. 20′ x 54′)
TOTAL GROWING AREA FOR THIS STRUCTURE: 2,987 Sq Ft
This structure is the the same size as the large aquapini food production system and it is purposed to demonstrate year-round affordable walipini in-ground growing food production volume (less trees).
Walipini #3 Grow-zone Space Utilization
- Sloped Garden Area (Yellow): 1,107 sq feet (103′ x 9′ + approx. 20′ x 9′)
- Flat Garden Area (Orange): 1,880 sq feet (approx. 20′ x 94′)
INFRASTRUCTURE OVERVIEW ● OPEN SOURCE FOOD PORTAL ● OPEN SOURCE PURPOSE
WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE TO EVOLVING THIS SUSTAINABILITY COMPONENT WITH US
SUGGESTIONS ● CONSULTANTS ● PIONEERS