One Community Now Seeking Architect
One Community is now seeking two additional architects to join either our Core Team or our Volunteers and Consultants team.
The people who join our team as either volunteers/consultants or members typically fit one or more of the following descriptions:
ARCHITECT TEAM MEMBER SKILLS DESIRED
The following are the skills of an ideal candidate for this position if we would have one person dedicated full time to a leadership role. We would like to have multiple people and are open to exploring win-win relationships with people of varying skill levels.
- Licensed and trained in the art and science of design and construction of the total built environment – from how a building integrates with its surrounding landscape to architectural or construction details that involve the interior of the building to designing and creating furniture to be used in a specific space
- Considerations will focus on sustainability, function, economics, aesthetics, and ADA compliance with the public’s health, safety, and welfare in mind
- Ten years employment experience and should be trained in a program approved by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB)
- Proficiency with various software programs: CAD, 3DS Max, Revit, Sketchup
- Skilled in design, engineering, management, supervision, and communication and able to easily interact with other trades personnel and local planning board and city/county officials creatively designing and communicating one’s unique vision effectively
- A determined and critical mind to stay within budget and ability to continually modify designs to reach stated goals and changes
- Provide pre-design services which may include conducting feasibility and environmental impact studies, site selection, or specifying the requirements the design must meet
- Demonstrate ability to follow building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and other ordinances while making necessary changes throughout the planning process
- Extreme attention to detail: help develop final construction plans that depict the building’s appearance as well as complete details (including minute details) for its construction; while demonstrating leadership & coordination capabilities of working toward timely completion objectives with other professionals
- Desire to be a part of the Duplicable City Center, earthbag village, aquapinis and walipinis, and other village models
Here is the One Community component-overview video: