One Community Now Seeking Chef
One Community is now seeking one or two Chefs/Culinary Professionals to join either our Core Team or our Volunteers and Consultants team.
The people who join our team as either volunteers/consultants or members typically fit one or more of the following descriptions:
CHEF TEAM MEMBER SKILLS DESIRED
The following are the skills of an ideal candidate for this position if we would have one person dedicated full time to a leadership role. We would like to have multiple people and are open to exploring win-win relationships with people of varying skill levels.
- Excel and enjoy what you do, unlike accepting the role as a job. We’re seeking someone who feels being a chef is a calling, a feeling of your desired path, the desire to make a difference and demonstrate such to those around you
- At least five years experience as a trained certified chef who can create diverse menu presentations for the carnivorous, vegetarian, and vegan palates
- Clear understanding of what One Community is creating and the importance of your role in contributing as a volunteer and beyond
- Knows the requirements of a good working kitchen and possesses excellent social and management skills for leading others and training them to higher levels of excellence, quality, and food presentation as we expand
- Knowledge of various ethnic styles of cooking and understanding the application of nutritional value to our One Community needs
- Thorough knowledge of seasonings and their applications
- Spirit of adventure, curiosity, and creativity
- Establishing quality vendor accounts for bulk purchases to serve what we do not produce
Here is the One Community component-overview video: