One Community Now Seeking Civil Engineer
One Community is now seeking one additional Civil Engineer to join either our Core Team or our Volunteers and Consultants team.
The people who join our team as either volunteers/consultants or members typically fit one or more of the following descriptions:
CIVIL ENGINEER TEAM MEMBER SKILLS DESIRED
The following are the skills of an ideal candidate for this position if we would have one person dedicated full time to a leadership role. We would like to have multiple people and are open to exploring win-win relationships with people of varying skill levels.
- Licensed PE with at least seven years engineering experience and a visionary aptitude to apply alternative options to traditional and outdated methods, increasing effectiveness and efficiency
- Surveying skills adaptable to contour map creation, building siting & construction, drainage issues, culvert installations, and road construction
- Able to manage and actively participate in the comprehensive project; including initial survey, design, cost estimates, & construction
- Must understand One Community Purpose and goals and be ready to help problem solve to meet these goals
- Sound math skills (trigonometry, differential equations, calculus, algebra, geometry, etc.)
- CAD experience
- Innovative forward thinker and creative problem solver with effective communication skills
- Understanding and experience with design, construction, and installation of gabions
Here is the One Community component-overview video: