One Community Now Seeking General Contractor
One Community is now seeking one General Contractor to join either our Core Team or our Volunteers and Consultants team.
The people who join our team as either volunteers/consultants or members typically fit one or more of the following descriptions:
GENERAL CONTRACTOR TEAM MEMBER SKILLS DESIRED
The following are the skills of an ideal candidate for this position if we would have one person dedicated full time to a leadership role. We would like to have multiple people and are open to exploring win-win relationships with people of varying skill levels.
- Excellent leadership, management, organization, and oral & written communication skills for providing information to all involved parties throughout the course of the project
- Exercise sound decision-making skills and strategies
- Ten years experience as a licensed general contractor and additional practical experience in construction trades (plumbing, electrical, carpentry, masonry)
- Clear understanding of One Community’s purpose and global goals the necessity of adhering to those standards
- Degree in construction technology, civil engineering, construction management, building science, or related field
- Well versed in project-specific documents and effective, resourceful administration of alternative sustainability options, while questioning those that are not and providing feasible alternatives
- Select construction materials & subcontractors and closely monitor vendors and trades personnel throughout the project
- Oversee bid process, manage expenditures, and execute change orders
- Firm comprehension and adherence of permitting process and job-site safety
- Desire to be a part of creating the Duplicable City Center, earthbag village, and related structures
Here is the One Community component-overview video: